Video Files on Forum ×

Are some of the EFX actually mono?

pax-eterna

Reason I am asking is I am setting up using a mixer with on board efx, and I have the zones set hard left and hard right to control from the mixer separately. I have also turned off all the efx on the PX-5s, however I noticed, accidentally, that EQ effects seem to just go with the sound setting, IE they are not sent to left and right...Is it possible that some efx are mono and only get sent according to the pan of the zone? I mean, I understand efx like rev and delay, chorusing etc etc are stereo, but tone control ones maybe not?

Anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on this?

Thanks

According to page E-7 in the Tutorial manual-it shows signal paths in stereo and mono if you take a look at that. But there is no info re whether individual DSP effects are mono or stereo. I can find no documentation specific to this. I seem to recall one of the Casios had specific data about individual effects being mono or stereo-which may apply to the PX-5S. I'll check my manuals-might have been the XW-P1- see nothing in my 560 or 350 manuals specific to this-and this is assuming Casio uses the same schemes for the different Casios with DSP's. 

Nope-not in my XW-P1 manual either. Maybe Mike, Brad or Joe can answer this one. 

thanks Jokeyman - after some experimentation I have found it seems just reverb that is only stereo, the others (at the system) level seem to be able to run with the panning, but not a lot of response....Insert in the DSP seems to be ok, but as we all know, you've only got ONE slot so very judicious use needs to be applied...