Video Files on Forum ×

Having problem clearing and recording a pad phrase.

John Friesen

I keep repeating the steps to 'CLEAR' what's on the phrase pad.  It says 'complete' but when I try to enter notes with record it plays some previous recording while I'm entering my new notes. It's as if the 'clear' never did work and the previous notes remained on the pad.  Can someone please clear this up for me?

Try this...

1. Press FUNCTION.

2. Use the cursor keys to select “Phr Pad”, press ENTER.

This displays “Phr Set”.

3. Use the dial to select the phrase set number to edit.

4. Long-press FUNCTION until EDIT appears

This displays "clear".

5. Press ENTER.

This displays “1 Phrase" and causes the P1 indicator to flash.

6. Use the dial to select the number of the phrase you want to delete, press ENTER.

This displays “Sure?”

7. Press YES. Complete is displayed after the operation is done.

8. Long-press EXIT.

• Like 1

Thanks for your clear and prompt reply.  Question: I want to record a melody line for about 16 bars and then listen to it repeatedly while woodshedding harmony notes (not recording them, just experimenting for starters). Is using phrase pads the best way to do this or should I be going to the sequencer mode.  What would be the simplest way for now to do this considering I'm just learning.  Thanks for your help.

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2021 at 11:30 PM, Brad Saucier said:

The accordion file is meant to be loaded into keyboard memory as a user tone.  As far as sequencing, I would use the pattern sequencer for more complex tracks (create a user rhythm), but a phrase would work just as well for a single repeating track.

When it comes to sequencing, the pattern sequencer can add a layer of complexity, especially if you're creating intricate tracks with a variety of rhythms.