Video Files on Forum ×

Capabilities of the sequencer CASIO CT X3000 / 5000, which you may not know about.

The CASIO CT X3000 / 5000 sequencer has an option that allows you to quickly record any song, even if you don't know how to play.
The fact is that in a completely empty (clean) sequencer, it is possible to first record all the necessary chords of the song in step mode, then select the overdub recording, select the desired style and start the starting chord. And now you just have to wait for the recording to reach the end of the song. During overdubbing, you can click on the desired variations and fills in the right place and it will also be recorded in the song. In this case, you no longer need to press the chords, the song will play according to the chords you entered earlier in the sequencer.
I think this is a very cool feature of the sequencer, which will allow you to quickly prepare a template for any song.
Entering the step sequencer mode: Selected a song -> long press Function -> number 1 -> Enter -> Enter -> button Accomp -> registration bank 1 -> number 1 (set a step in one measure) - enter a chord - enter a chord ....... Chords must be entered in every measure.

• Like 2

You funny man.....actually the Fusion does this. Has a simple "converter" software program which will also convert Akai samples to Fusion and load into the Fusion and it works, plus stereo sampling inputs which can be patched into the 8-track audio recorder. I'm using "Viena" as a sample mapper. I only know a few fairly expensive current workstations that can do this with soundfonts or SFZ, actually I'm not sure about that either. Only trouble with all this-you have to buy a Fusion, which has been extinct for at least since 2008.  But this is a Casio user group I better stop.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:53 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

I know. Me too.
Astounding what we can buy now-for peanuts.

I just tried to imagine, what amount of money would cost CT-X3000/5000 in times when Fairlight CMI was a cutting edge and can't find the answer - All what I can say that it would take up several rooms and price won't be less than $10m, but most likely, it was not doable then even. The fastest computer these times was Cray-1, which was not powerful enough by my understanding, and would cost $33m in today's money...

Thanks for sharing, didn't know that!

My now sold Korg Pa1000 has a chord sequencer that at least did the recording of the chords so you could play along.  The newish Yamaha SX900 also has some great chord sequencing capabilities, though of course these are $2,200 boards!