Video Files on Forum ×

LK-90TV [Answered] - Disassembly - Access Speakers

Oh_Man

Hello ... Glad I found this forum, as I go through some posts it looks like it'll be a great resource!

I'm new on several levels - actually have the LK90 and just picked up a WK-225.

Answered my own question by taking a closer look after having taken all the screws out but still couldn't separate the 2 bodies beyond a couple cm's.  

Upon further inspection, slack needs to be created but you have to push/pull the wires through some tight conduits - see pics   

So ... Process is "reasonably" simple.  Take the batteries out if applicable and keep the battery plate off - not sure why...seems irrelevant. 

Remove a bunch of screws on the bottom - metal plate first followed by the others holding the big grey plastic body.

The important part...once doing that you'll think I should be able to pull this apart but there's no slack with those wide wires going through snug fitting holes - see pics.

Gently feed those wires through the ports - you'll have to do a push pull as they're snug.

Once that's done the bodies can be separated enough for access. 

I took this project on because  one of the speaker grills was slightly bent/pushed and causing some vibration - holding it down the buzz went away.  

Hope this helps someone.    

20210512_135419_HDR.jpg

20210514_092451_HDR.jpg

Edited by Orion
Discovered the solution and created a "how to" instead of a question.

• Oh_Man changed the title to LK-90TV [Answered] - Disassembly - Access Speakers