Video Files on Forum ×

Replace power switch on PX-150

Papa

My PX-150 has been intermittent when powering up for some time.  I would have to press the switch more than once to energize and use.  Now, it will not turn on at all.  I have checked the cable from the adapter and have 12Vdc going into the piano but the switch does nothing.  Is there an easy way to access to change or do I have to disassemble the whole unit?

Shoot some pro tuner cleaner in there-maybe you'll get lucky. Not too much-just a drop or so. and work it in. Hope its just the switch wear and tear-could be internal circuitry-the jack soldering on these work loose over time-even a hairline solder crack and you will get nothing. and yes you will have to pretty much break down the entire assembly to get to the switch. If its like my 350-at least the top might hinge off, give you access to the switch. But I would check your power jack where it is soldered to the IC board inside too.

• Like 1

Thanks very much.  I will try the tuner cleaner.  It may be a solder connection but somehow I think it is the switch.  When I turned the unit upside down to look at the screw

configuration the piano mystically turned on.  It would then not turn off unless I unplugged the adapter.  Thanks again.