Video Files on Forum ×

Casio wk3300 keys and screen problem

luuck_g

sorry for my English.

Hello everyone, I have a casio wk3300 that I bought from a friend, the piano has 2 problems, the first is that some keys work well but they are almost always held down or are at maximum sensitivity (I understand that they are the rubbers or The keyboard is dirty) and the other problem is that the tones change by themselves after a while, example: I am in a piano tone and it changes to a tone with nothing or it changes to a robotic tone or a flute tone and so on, but always when it changes it does it to a tone and stays there, also when I turn on the piano after 1 second all the keys such as the metronome or the tone change are blocked and to change something I have to turn off the piano and turn it on, while it turns on, quickly press the key I want

You are asking for a pretty comprehensive diagnosis remotely-as a technician-and from this distant setting-very hard to diagnose, but I'll try. I am assuming you do not have a repair technician locally that can troubleshoot this? And obviously not under warranty anymore. Are you willing to do the work?

1) You say some of the keys stick down-sounds like old grease or some contaminant is causing the spring action of some of the keys to stick-this will probably not be due to the rubber boots under the keys which are hopefully not contaminated or physically damaged but can be replaced-I am guessing it is due to the key mechanism simply being dirty or as I said, grease used to keep the keys moving smoothly over time might have dried out or become "gummy". You will have to dsassemble the WK to inspect this, you should be able to see what is causing the keys to stick in the downward position. If you decide to do this yourself-be very careful as to how you clean the keys inside-try just plain water or a solution with some dish detergent-yes this emulsifies old grease-or alternatively mild isopropyl alcohol to clean any gummed-up grease, if that is the problem. 

2) Tone change errors-again an "educated" guess or 2. since the keys seem to be jammed up, might be related-some of the buttons used to change tones and other settings may have the same problem-there may be oxidation, dirt, dust or other contaminants causing some of the keys to not 'release"-might feel like the buttons are OK-but the contacts might be sticking underneath-if this is so-very carefully-try a little professional "tuner/contact" cleaner-or again, even a tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol-with an eyedropper or something similar-directly into the buttons-and work the buttons-be careful to keep this off the surrounding case as best you can. Might not work as the contacts are sometimes sealed-preventing anything from getting in-I'd have to see the inside of the contact IC boards to know for sure. Again i am guessing this might be problem. The other maybe simpler problem-over time-a connection inside has oxidized or partially disconnected-there are quite a few ribbon connectors and pin connectors in these keyboards-simply by visually inspecting the connectors you might see something not quite in place, and I would pull the connector-if you can see how this is done without damaging it and re-inserting it-sometimes this alone will solve a problem related to malfunctioning keyboards. You might also see an obvious component looking burned or contaminated-capacitors can leak, not always obviously-an overheating component will sometimes show slight discoloring, like a burn mark.

All this will take alot of work and patience, but if you have no-one who can do this for you, and you feel confident in your own skills-you might be able to restore this yourself. and of course there is the possibility you can go through all this, and the problem will not be solved-which means a much more difficult level of troubleshooting-checking individual components inside, some of which can be replaced or repaired, some of which can't-such as the dedicated IC's Casio and other companies use to create and store the needed samples used to create the tones, and the programming software and firmware designed to get all this to work right in the first place. Good luck, I hope I helped a little.

7 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Usted está pidiendo un diagnóstico bastante completo de forma remota, como técnico, y desde este entorno distante, muy difícil de diagnosticar, pero lo intentaré. Supongo que no tiene un técnico de reparación local que pueda solucionar este problema. Y obviamente ya no está en garantía. ¿Estás dispuesto a hacer el trabajo?

1) Dice que algunas de las teclas se pegan (suena como grasa vieja o algún contaminante está causando que la acción del resorte de algunas de las teclas se pegue), esto probablemente no se deba a las botas de goma debajo de las teclas que, con suerte, no están contaminadas o Dañado físicamente pero puede ser reemplazado. Supongo que se debe a que el mecanismo de la llave simplemente está sucio o, como dije, la grasa que se usa para mantener las llaves moviéndose suavemente con el tiempo puede haberse secado o volverse "pegajosa". Tendrá que desarmar el WK para inspeccionar esto, debería poder ver qué está causando que las teclas se peguen en la posición hacia abajo. Si decide hacer esto usted mismo, tenga mucho cuidado con la forma en que limpia las teclas por dentro, pruebe solo con agua corriente o una solución con un poco de detergente para platos, sí, esto emulsiona la grasa vieja o, alternativamente, alcohol isopropílico suave para limpiar cualquier grasa adherida. , 

Una vez más, supongo que esto podría ser un problema. El otro problema tal vez más simple, con el tiempo, una conexión interna se ha oxidado o se ha desconectado parcialmente, hay bastantes conectores de cinta y conectores de clavija en estos teclados, simplemente inspeccionando visualmente los conectores, es posible que vea algo que no está en su lugar, y yo lo haría. tire del conector, si puede ver cómo se hace sin dañarlo y volver a insertarlo, a veces esto solo resolverá un problema relacionado con el mal funcionamiento de los teclados. También puede ver un componente obvio que parece quemado o contaminado (los capacitores pueden tener fugas, no siempre obviamente) un componente que se sobrecalienta a veces mostrará una ligera decoloración, como una marca de quemadura. El otro problema tal vez más simple, con el tiempo, una conexión interna se ha oxidado o se ha desconectado parcialmente, hay bastantes conectores de cinta y conectores de clavija en estos teclados, simplemente inspeccionando visualmente los conectores, es posible que vea algo que no está en su lugar, y yo lo haría. tire del conector, si puede ver cómo se hace sin dañarlo y volver a insertarlo, a veces esto solo resolverá un problema relacionado con el mal funcionamiento de los teclados. También puede ver un componente obvio que parece quemado o contaminado (los condensadores pueden tener fugas, no siempre obviamente) un componente que se sobrecalienta a veces mostrará una ligera decoloración, como una marca de quemadura. El otro problema quizás más simple, con el tiempo, una conexión interna se ha oxidado o se ha desconectado parcialmente, hay bastantes conectores de cinta y conectores de clavija en estos teclados, simplemente inspeccionando visualmente los conectores, es posible que vea algo que no está en su lugar, y lo haría tire del conector, si puede ver cómo se hace sin dañarlo y volver a insertarlo, a veces esto solo resolverá un problema relacionado con el mal funcionamiento de los teclados. También puede ver un componente obvio que parece quemado o contaminado (los condensadores pueden tener fugas, no siempre obviamente) un componente que se sobrecalienta a veces mostrará una ligera decoloración, como una marca de quemadura. y tiraría del conector, si puede ver cómo se hace sin dañarlo y volver a insertarlo, a veces esto solo resolverá un problema relacionado con el mal funcionamiento de los teclados. También puede ver un componente obvio que parece quemado o contaminado (los condensadores pueden tener fugas, no siempre obviamente) un componente que se sobrecalienta a veces mostrará una ligera decoloración, como una marca de quemadura. y tiraría del conector, si puede ver cómo se hace esto sin dañarlo y volver a insertarlo, a veces esto solo resolverá un problema relacionado con el mal funcionamiento de los teclados. También puede ver un componente obvio que parece quemado o contaminado (los condensadores pueden tener fugas, no siempre obviamente) un componente que se sobrecalienta a veces mostrará una ligera decoloración, como una marca de quemadura.

Todo esto requerirá mucho trabajo y paciencia, pero si no tiene a nadie que pueda hacer esto por usted y se siente confiado en sus propias habilidades, es posible que pueda restaurarlo usted mismo. y, por supuesto, existe la posibilidad de que pueda pasar por todo esto, y el problema no se resolverá, lo que significa un nivel mucho más difícil de resolución de problemas, verificar los componentes individuales en el interior, algunos de los cuales pueden reemplazarse o repararse, algunos de los cuales pueden 't-tales como los IC dedicados que Casio y otras compañías usan para crear y almacenar las muestras necesarias para crear los tonos, y el software de programación y firmware diseñado para que todo esto funcione correctamente en primer lugar. Buena suerte, espero haber ayudado un poco.

Thank you very much Jokeyman for your answer, I know a lot about electronics so I can do it alone, I am going to disassemble the keyboard and see its components, I think I misspelled the first part, I wanted to say that it stays pressing the key, but the mechanism works perfectly, I was reading in the forum that someone had the same thing happened to me and they were told that it could be the tires, I am going to disassemble it and see how, if I can replace it I will send a message, if I have another question I hope you can help me, again Thank you very much for your answer

2 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Está bien, no hay problema, me registro aquí casi todos los días, mantiene mi capacidad de pensamiento en alto. También puede publicar imágenes aquí si lo cree necesario.

thanks, I was taking the piano apart and when I saw the tracks of the notes they were fine and they weren't dirty at all, I tested continuity and it seemed fine, when I assembled everything but without putting screws, it worked perfect, then I put the screws on the plate and it was fine , When I put the metal cover that it brings and I tried it, it went well but after a while the same thing happened (video attached), As you can see, I press the key but it remains pressed and even if I press it again it remains like this with maximum sensitivity

• 11 months later...