How do I add pan drums to my CT-X700

Meow Kitten

I want to add more tones to the drums category but I don't know how. The kind of drums that I want to add are pan drums because there is a song called Aria Math and it made me want to create music with the same instrument. The problem is that I don't have pan drums added to my keyboard. Is there a way for me to use the Casio CT-X700/CT-X800 Data Manager to import the tone?

Edited by Meow Kitten

The CT-X700 cannot import new samples, none of the CT-X models can. If the sound you need isn't among the built-in sounds, there's not much you can do about it.

I listened to Aria Math and the pan drum sound you're referencing is pretty close to most bell tones, perhaps a bit more hollow sounding and more of a percussive attack. I'd try tone #047 Celesta, #549 Tinkle Bell or maybe tone #391 Gender and see if either of those are close enough for your needs. Maybe even #299 Seq Saw.

You can use the CT-X700 as a MIDI controller for an external software instrument with pan drums if you absolutely must have that exact sound. Are you creating music using the onboard sequencer or are you recording audio externally in a DAW?