Video Files on Forum ×

This famous synth is back with an update.

I wondered what this was. I have an entire sample bank for my Alesis Fusion labeled "Synth1" with some descriptions-had no idea what these were from until you posted this. Apparently some programmer for the Alesis Fusion created these when the original by Daichi was released, since the Fusion was released in 2005 and the virtual synth1 was released in 2002 accoridng to wikipedia. Taiho Yamada developed the Fusion's synth design, i suspect Daichi and he might have worked together since FM appeared on the Fusion when no-one else was using developing it anymore including Yamaha-and it is part of Synth1's design-and this same Fyusion sound designer also provided another huge bank of Nordlead sounds for the Fusion. So there are distinct parallels, vey interesting. I don't usually care for virtual instruments-although I use the Coolsoft virtual synth and soundfonts, and the Casio CZ virtual synth, but i'll take another look at this Synth1.  

4 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

I wondered what this was. I have an entire sample bank for my Alesis Fusion labeled "Synth1" with some descriptions-had no idea what these were from until you posted this. Apparently some programmer for the Alesis Fusion created these when the original by Daichi was released, since the Fusion was released in 2005 and the virtual synth1 was released in 2002 accoridng to wikipedia. Taiho Yamada developed the Fusion's synth design, i suspect Daichi and he might have worked together since FM appeared on the Fusion when no-one else was using developing it anymore including Yamaha-and it is part of Synth1's design-and this same Fyusion sound designer also provided another huge bank of Nordlead sounds for the Fusion. So there are distinct parallels, vey interesting. I don't usually care for virtual instruments-although I use the Coolsoft virtual synth and soundfonts, and the Casio CZ virtual synth, but i'll take another look at this Synth1.  

That a nice synopsis , I've dabbled with virtual instruments but its not to my comfort neither I do make my re-entry with that though a little. I remember Synth1 original made for Macintosh during the day's the influence of it make me wonder why it didn't come to the pc earlier. I'm quite envious about people owning an alesis make me wish I've did my re-entry in keyboards back in 2001. The Alesis keyboards have quiet and reputation, Its probably forgotten it rivaled the Korg Z1 or Phrophecy. 

The only thing that stills rings in my mind is that Synth1 was the standard learning synthesis in software form cause of the things it could do with modulating you couldn't in a hardware synth.