Video Files on Forum ×

Transfer of old Rhythms from an old keyboard to new keyboard

Hey! Friends,

I have an old keyboard

Casio CTK 501 my first ever musical instrument. I love all the rhythms on it. Used all in different genres of songs.

My question is, my latest keyboard is Casio CTX 9000in and I want to import the rhythms from CTK501 to CTX9000in, how can that be possible. Help me with this procedure. Apps, software, laptop, midi cables,etc..Etc.... any which way it would be possible.

Thanks in anticipation.

Oh! Yes it does have a midi in out provision. Years ago I had used the midi cable to connect it to my computer via USB and it worked in producing sound but due to lack of knowledge could not go any further than that.

Thanks for the Spark Brad!

Seems there's a ray of hope

😅😅😅😅😅👍👍👍

• Like 1

If it sends accompaniment data out, you could record that MIDI output and use the MIDI file to convert the sequences to a CKF Rhythm.

I wrote a guide on this that you can follow along with to help you get started. You'll want to record all these Rhythms in the key of C major for best results, as that's what the MIDI -> CKF Converter is expecting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chandler Holloway said:

If it sends accompaniment data out, you could record that MIDI output and use the MIDI file to convert the sequences to a CKF Rhythm.

I wrote a guide on this that you can follow along with to help you get started. You'll want to record all these Rhythms in the key of C major for best results, as that's what the MIDI -> CKF Converter is expecting.

Thanks Chandler. A bright start I must say. Bravo!!!