Video Files on Forum ×

Drum volume adjustment in preformance mode XW-P1

Tom banjo

There is no way to turn the  Volume of the drums (step SeQ) down on the fly .One has to go to the mixer and hit 5 individual  adjustments. Even my ctk 691bhas an accompaniment volume. 

Example I have some real song playing going on in a jam.I kick in the step and it is way loud . It is like ,wait everyone while I go to the mixer, I see no virtual controller route either. Any help would be appreciated.  Tom

I don't think there is anywhere to group the  mixer channels  8 thru 13  under a virtual controller. As far as hooking the computer to it, I shy away from that knowing 1 wrong move can ruin it.  I guess the computer / i pod  would have to be hooked up when playing which makes more complications to keep up with anyway..   I was wondering  if maybe there was some way with NRP numbers but that is a shot in the dark .

For other novices ,I just found something needed that escaped me.. The screen is reading performance and the hex layer is lit  in the tone choices  To do this adjustment  ,this happened.. On the far left above the sliders  ,---- one has to push the step sequence button there to make the connection.( the choice is solo synth-draw bar--hex--step seq Since I was in hex layer which also uses the sliders,I had to shift it back to hex layer afterwards.  This lets your work on the step sequencer without shifting anything else. I was bringing the Step Sequencer up on the screen  but that was not the right move.