Video Files on Forum ×

CDP-S350 Recording in Audacity over USB?

OAK67
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Hello, i could really use some help so. i'm trying to connect my cdp s350 to my computer (windows 10) by using a usb -B to A cable and record what  i'm playing in audacity. the problem im having ist that my computer does not recognize my piano as a input or output source, its been seen as just an audio device, causing me not beeing able choose it as an input source in audacity. do i have to enable something on the piano or is there a certain setting which i overlooked. i'm in desprate need of help bc im really frustrated by that. i'll appricate any form help. and please excuse my grammar 

Edited by OAK67

• Solution

The USB port on the CDP-S350 is for MIDI only.  It does not transmit audio.  Audacity is only able to record from audio sources.  You will need to connect the pianos audio output to an audio input on your computer.  That may be a built in mic/line input your computer may have, or a USB audio interface.  

first of all thank you for your reply.

the thing im still confused about is that i used to do the same thing with my old psr e 373 with the same connection and all and it worked just fine, so why doesnt it here?

a aux cable would be my only option in this case ? 

or would it work with another software, free would be good ?

Edited by OAK67