Video Files on Forum ×

Tone banks on CT-S1

d. gauss

sadly it seems the answer is no, but i'll ask anyway.  is there a way when switching sounds between say the piano bank and the organ bank for the ct-s1 to keep the state of the selected "tone variation" selection PER BANK?"  in other words, if i am on organ 2 in the organ bank and i switch to the piano bank, the ct-s1 gives me piano 2 in that bank as well when i prefer piano 1.   my yamaha p-145 does this with ease.  this seems a big oversite.

This is what tone memory is for.  Each bank button has a tone memory slot, which is basically registration memories, storing tone selection and more.  This will let you press each bank button to recall your predetermined tones.  You can further set the power up state to start with the tone memory slot by saving it as a "my setup" and turning on my setup power on recall.  Everything is detailed in the manual if you need to find the settings.  Hope that helps.  

thanks for reply. i completely understand tone memory. i have that setup for some other sounds.  if i do it the way you suggest, i'll then have 2 of the same sound in a bank.  a total waste.  on the yammy p-125, once you select a sound in a bank, it remembers which one even if you leave that bank and come back. simple. easy peasy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...