Video Files on Forum ×

VIDEO: CT-S1 with easter egg?

Jay C

Hi :)

I made this video to demonstrate that it is possible to have the CT-S1 sound other tones than the default Stage Piano tone using midi.

This is accomplished by sending midi program change-messages and bank select-messages.

Through sheer experimentation, and because I wanted to get the full potential of this instrument and thus became very stubborn, I learned that if I send a program change-message only and omit the bank select-message I get the GM 1 sound set. To active the the drum sets in the GM 1 sound set it is necessary to send the midi data to channel 10 on the CT-S1

In order to active the built-in 61 tone-bank on the CT-S1, you must send a bank select message (MSB: 2, LSB: 0 or 64 - according to the manual) first,

and then the program change-message.   

The perspective of this is that you can record audio from the CT-S1 and have it sound some of its more advanced tones such as the CZ- and VZ-tones, just by sending the appropriate midi cc messages.

I hope this video will inspire others to get the most from their CT-S1 :)

Jay🎹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

I would recognize Night Birds anywhere.  :) 

Ok, I have to answer that one :)

You see, I picked a midi file containing an excerpt from, and you're right, Night Birds by Shakatak, because the first Casio keyboard I had (as a kid) had this song as a built-in demo-melody. I loved that demo and played it many times back then. Of course, being a kid I did not know, that the melody I loved was a real song from a real band. I learned that much, much later.

So, it all connected now - past and present, you see. 😉

Jay🎹

• Like 1