Video Files on Forum ×

1980s mini keyboard that scored your performance

Tornadochaser

It's been awhile but it seems like it was red but it could have been white. I was looking at Google images and it sure looks like it and I didn't see any other models with the LED lights going all the way across the keyboard. I mainly want it for nostalgic reasons. 

Thanks for your help! At least I know what model to look for now. 

The PT80,PT82,PT87, and MT18. Casio International division made these in different colors not just white and grey/charcoal grey. Also, there is a source I commented on in the past that details these same keyboards from CASIO but with a different name brand and color schemes(NOT RADIOSHACK NOT CONCERTMATE!!). Also there were bigger models that had the light guide above the keys and a few more obscure mini models like the SK8 that had the same light guide for music. But from what you describe it indeed could be the PT82/87. That model set had a "game" for performances. The PT80 had the guide and paused at keys until you hit the right note but no game score mode.

58 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

PT-82 came in red as well as white.  That might be it.

I searched google images myself just now and found that only the PT82 which came in red, has the music score system and light guide as per your description. The PT80 comes in Red too but no music score system, and the PT30 also came in red and no light guide on that keyboard so PT82R it is!! Hope you find a good one! Red is hard to find!

casio-pt-82-2043536.jpg

• 2 years later...

I was 8, Year was 1992. In a remote village in Central India, where my father was a missionary. We had this keyboard PT-82 Red which we used for family prayers. So many memories....

Thank you to the contributors of this thread.

Edited by btp2
  • Love 1