Video Files on Forum ×

need help with PX repair

Vinkelheimer

I have PX560-M with a key that is stuck in the up position ... seems like it might be an easy fix, but I can't get the bottom off the keyboard.  I have taken all the screws out (a couple dozen of them) and have taken off the sides of the unit.  The bottom panel still won't budge coming off.  Any ideas what I need to do?  (I posted this in the PX560-M forum, but thought I post it here in case anyone else has an idea what to do).

The bottom does not open up-you need to remove the top control panel. Here's how....

Make sure you remove the small square plastic covers on the bottom-these will reveal recessed screws that need to be removed-carefully so you don't lose these inside the PX560-I use a tiny bit of poster putty on my screwdriver to get these to stick to my screwdriver, these are a bit difficult to remove otherwise-are in between the fulcrum arms of the keys. Make sure the back row of recessed screws are all out too. Look for pictures here in this user group of disassembled PX's-I have a few I've posted, not sure if these are still here. Now the blue top cover-the control panel will lift up-be careful, there are delicate ribbon cables and connectors inside you can easily damage if you don't lift this panel up carefully. This will reveal the backs of the keys and the electronics boards inside, but you may still not be able to fix the key-depending on how it dislodged. If you're lucky you can fix it from here. But-you may have to remove the keybed screws fastening the keybed assembly to the bottom cover-to lift the entire key assembly as one piece-because in order to get the key back into its position-I recall you need to slide the entire key forward, seat it downwards and slide it forward into the retaining tab underneath the key. You can't do this unless you raise the entire key assembly up past the front plastic part of the PX560. I've had to do this to 1-2 Casios I received like this-in used or "broken" condition. I still can't figure out how this happens-these PX keys are very secure in their assembly frames-unless a piece is broken underneath, it is very difficult to get a key top  out like this but obviously it happens.

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 2