Video Files on Forum ×

PXS 3000 doesn't work as midi controller on cubase 10.5 or Kontakt 6

Alessio Magliari

Hello everyone hope someone can help me out:

I would like to use my Casio PXS 3000 as a midi keyborad to record piano stuff using VST Instruments: i use Cubase 10.5 and Kontakt 6 and here's the problem:

when i check the device manager in windows i see CASIO-USB-MIDI: if i go on details i see four different devices, three are labelled like Generic Softwares and one as usb speaker: no midi controller though: this could be a problem caused by some missing driver that i never found on any website including the official one.

When i try to use the keyboard in Kontakt or Cubase, the programs see the CASIO-USB-MIDI as a Midi Device, but if i try to play no sound come out. On Kontakt there's no signal at all, but on Cubase the situation is different: i can see that the audio signal is coming but i can hear no sound: funny fact: once( for some magical reason) i select MIcrosoft GS Waveable Synth as Midi Device and the sound finally came out! obviously was a terrible midi piano sound but i think it's an important detail for someone who knows this stuff. 

Hope someone can help me thank you :)

All Casio products with USB MIDI are class compliant USB MIDI controllers, aside from some very early older models.  The driver is supplied by the operation system, the same way a standard USB mouse and QWERTY keyboard driver is automatically installed when one is plugged in. Casio USB MIDI is the proper identifier, showing it has installed correctly.   

The USB connection is for MIDI only, it does not transfer audio.  In any recording software, be sure to select Casio USB MIDI as the MIDI output for playback.  During MIDI track playback, the sound will be heard through the keyboards internal speakers and/or headphone/out audio jacks.  Connect the audio outputs to your computer to capture this sound.

Thanks for the reply. In Cubase i can't find the MIDI OUT function, just the Audio Output and CASIO-USB-MIDI isn't there, just stereo outpout. 

In the Kontakt 6 standalone the audio signal doesn'nt arrive to the software and even if i turned ON the CASIO-USB-MIDI as Midi output, no sound come out from the pc or from the keyboard speakers