Video Files on Forum ×

trying to connect to Soundpaint

RaRelis@optonline.net

What do u do to get the 560M to communicate with a sound engine like soundpaint using MIDI? I'm connected to the computer using MIDI to USB cable and in the program MIDI settings I can see that there is a keyboard ( MIDI input - USB2-0-MIDI ) MIDI channel 1. I'm very new to this so I don't know what I should see or if there's something in the 560M I need to setup. I could use some help.

Casio instruments with MIDI and USB MIDI are ready to be used as a basic MIDI controller by default, no special configuration necessary.  In addition to standard MIDI ports, the PX-560 is a plug and play USB MIDI controller, no adapters needed.  

The MIDI to USB adapter cable you have may be faulty, especially if the cable has no brand name. Those are notorious for not working properly.

If you have one handy, I recommend connecting the PX-560 to the computer with a standard USB printer cable.  The computer will install the PX-560 automatically.  "Casio USB MIDI" will be the device name you can select in any software which can connect to MIDI controllers.