Video Files on Forum ×

Bluetooth midi out - Casio Px -S3000 (CME Widi Bud Pro)

Patrick N

Hi

I've just received the widi bud pro (usb bluetooth midi device) from CME. I was hoping this would enable me to use the keyboard as a bluetooth controller. So. as soon as I plug it in it starts formatting, I am unable to turn off local ctrl.  and although it is recognised by my audio midi setup (Mac) as connected it doesn't connect to VST's to play audio.

Also if I unplug the device and re-attach it the keyboard shuts down?

I know this isn't a Casio product but it may be an bluetooth answer for PX-S3000 users so are there any tips out there as to how how I may be able to get it to work?

Many thanks

Patrick

Did you plug and unplug the CME adapter while the PX was on? IIRC, you’re not supposed to do that, even with Casio’s own  WUBT10. Did you try powering off, inserting, then powering up? I only ask because you didn’t really specify. But on a number of my keyboards, the boot procedure is essential for most external devices, and hot swap is rarely recommended.

• Like 1

Thanks rsaintjohn..really helpful. I'll give powering off, inserting and powering up a try and not definitely hot swap again!!  I suppose the issue is that the Casio goes straight into formatting the device so I can't make changes  in midi settings but the CME bizarrely turns up in my audio /midi set-up so something must be working.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Patrick N, were you able to utilize your keyboard as a Bluetooth midi controller with the Widi Bud Pro? I’m having difficulty figuring out how to do this. The Widi Bud Pro connects but I can’t get any audio out of the VSTs or music IOS apps it’s connected to. Any insights?

Hi gfavs

I got to the mounting stage on the PX-3000 and it was recognised as bluetooth  on the audio midi setup of my laptop but I was getting no sound. I think the issue is you have to turn off local ctrl but I couldn't access that part of the menu while it continued to be mounting. So, same problem as you. My guess is the keyboard is recognising the widi bud pro as a memory stick.. I'm going to touch base with CME to see if they have any ideas.

The widi bud pro adds Bluetooth capability to computers, keyboards. It should be plugged into a computer. The PX-S3000 requires a host for USB MIDI.  A "host" adapter should work for MIDI.  Something like this.  This is for MIDI only, not audio.

The USB flash drive port on the piano only accepts flash drives, the mounting message means it is searching for a flash drive.

Thanks for coming in on this Brad. I was torn between getting the widi bud pro or uhost but was advised by CME";From what I see in the spec of Casio PX-S3000, it has "USB to device" socket, this should work with WIDI Bud Pro. You can connect WIDI Bud Pro to your PX-S2000 and pair with your computer for Bluetooth MIDI communication."

Does a Mac Pro need widi bud pro device as it receives mdi through audio midi set-up. I feel I may have been mis-informed by CME.

Thanks for giving advice on this issue.

BW

Patrick

On 12/14/2021 at 9:05 AM, Patrick N said:

Hi

I've just received the widi bud pro (usb bluetooth midi device) from CME. I was hoping this would enable me to use the keyboard as a bluetooth controller. So. as soon as I plug it in it starts formatting, I am unable to turn off local ctrl.  and although it is recognised by my audio midi setup (Mac) as connected it doesn't connect to VST's to play audio.

Also if I unplug the device and re-attach it the keyboard shuts down?

I know this isn't a Casio product but it may be an bluetooth answer for PX-S3000 users so are there any tips out there as to how how I may be able to get it to work?

Many thanks

Patrick

I actually don't understand what you did.  Did you plug your WIDI Bud Pro into your instrument or your computer?  You text doesn't make that particularly clear.  Since you don't explain what Mac you are using, are you using it's built in BT? What did you plugged into where and what applications you are using?  It is difficult to provide assistance without a better description of what you actually did.  I can tell you the WIDI Bud Pro isn't the right device to plug directly into your Casio keyboard.  You need a WIDI Uhost device and a USB B assessory cable from CME if you want to make this work.  You might be able to use a USB B to C cable commercially available too.

The USB B assessory cable connects the larger USB B port on the keyboard to the Uhost.  It should power the device as well.  If your IOS device has BT, you are done.  Pick up the Uhost in the OS and work away.

No disrespect but if your explanation to CME of what you intend was as clear as what you provided here, I can see where there is confusion.  I have to fill in the blanks and that is where errors occur.

Edited by Random_Vibration