Video Files on Forum ×

Issue linking WU-BT10 with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 using Chordana

hb66

Merry Xmas! Hope my first post is in the correct place?

Santa brough our daughter a CT-S1 and WU-BT10 today, however Im having issues getting Chordana paired to her Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. 

In the Bluetooth Midi Device in Chordana i see the WU-BT10 MIDI device, but as soon as i press on it the software crashes. The Tab S7 is upto date for android and security.

Interestingly, Ive repeated all this on a Samsung S21U phone and a Samsung A72 phone and both paired successfully, however she would prefer the Tab S7.

Any ideas why the Tab A7 wont connect successfully and how to remedy?

Failing that is there any other way to connect the Tab S7 to the keyboard?

Finally, is Chordana any good and should we consider alternative learning software?

Welcome to the forums!  Alternative method to connect to an Android device is through the USB to host port.  You would need a USB data capable cable (not a charging only cable), and an OTG adapter.  I can't think of any reason the Galaxy Tab would cause the app to crash.  I might try uninstalling the app, restart the device, reinstall the app and try again.

Samsung tablets normally don't need a OTG adapter.  That is an Apple thing.  You can use a type C to type B USB data cable from Amazon and you're done if you want a cabled connection.  

I suspect there isn't a problem with your tablet or the Casio app.  I use a lessor tablet than the S7 (S6 Lite) and CME WIDI Master Bluetooth Low latency devices on the Casio PX-560 and MZ-X500 and both are immediately discoverable on the Chordana app.  

The initial post is quite confusing.  You reference your tablet as both an A7 and a S7.  Which unit is it?  Frankly, both should work fine if presented a functioning Bluetooth MIDI device and the Chordana app.  

Another question you don't explain in the initial post is what did you do once you opened the Chordana app?  The order of events should be as followed:

1)  Install the the Bluetooth transceiver to the keyboard while it is turned off per the instructions you have.  

2) Turn on the keyboard.

3) Launch the app on the keyboard.

4) Go to settings in the app and select the Bluetooth device.  

What steps did you follow?  There is no pairing in the traditional sense for BT MIDI devices on Android.  The app is where the BT device is recognized, not at the OS level for BT MIDI.  If you need more universal BT MIDI support for Android, you need a middleware to support it.  In this case, it is unnecessary.  Chordana has all you need to recognized the device.

I don't have your keyboard or BT device but for Android, the procedure is all the same of it's actually going to work.  Pick up the BT device inside the app you're trying to use.

There are better teaching applications on Android but they aren't free.  I would start out with the Casio app and move on to if it doesn't suit your needs.  The connection process will be similar for other Android apps.

Edited by Random_Vibration