Video Files on Forum ×

Tutoring help please - MZ-X500 functionality

woodman

Hi
I have a MZ-X500 - but need help understanding the functionality. The manuals are woefully inadequate and there are practically no tutorials available anywhere. So I have a machine with all this functionality - but no means (to me) to unlock the features.

Would any of you learned people be interested in doing Zoom lessons to teach me how to use the various features ? - I will pay for your time of course . I am hoping for 3 - 4 sessions spread over a couple weeks or so  (or whatever you think is the right way) ?

Thanks

Hi Brad
I am so sorry (I probably misunderstood what you meant) I did not see any links to articles / posts. Can you please elaborate ?

Also - I believe I am not yet good enough in this area to be able to follow the self help articles and if anyone is willing to tutor me through the various functionalities of this amazing keyboard - I would be grateful. I will of course be willing to pay for the tutoring.

Thanks

@woodman I am in the same boat as you. I wish there were some good You Tube training tutorials that would teach us how to use this great keyboard. The same type of thing that other products offer like Microsoft that teaches you how to use their products like Excel. I would also be willing to pay for step-by-step examples on how to create my own accompaniments.

@Gregor - I hear you brother. Pads and styles are two confusing areas - the manual is completely useless (at least for newbies).

To all my more sophisticated brethren on this forum - would any of you be interested in doing one on one tutoring to show how to use this functionality?

• 2 weeks later...

Edit or create a style it's not so difficult: see Casio User's Guide (Tutorial) pag. 26-35 ("using the pattern sequencer") available through Casio website support page.

The following are the main points:

1) select an empty memory location

2) press "rhythm" button to enter the rhythm area

3) press "edit" to start creating

4) press "recorder" or "element edit"

5) if you choose "recorder" you will enter the recording session where you can record each of the 8 parts of your style, for each intro -variation - fill - ending

6) if you choose "element edit" you can select parts from other existing styles and copy them to your new one: for me this is the easiest thing to do as a beginner

• Like 1