Video Files on Forum ×

Px5s- no sound

Jay2

Hello,

can anyone tell me possible solutions to my px5s having power but no sound. I broke it down to tighten a loose hammer. It was fine before that. No wiring seems to be out of place. But, the ribbon cable does have a crease in it. However, not sure if that’s the issue because it was playing just fine beforehand and I did nothing to put such a crease into ribbon. Any suggestions for troubleshooting please?

thank you,

Jay

Hello Joe,

I tried hooking up my iPad through midi. But, the app isn’t picking up my board. Sound ran straight to my amp from keyboard on my app, but no still no sound from the physical board. But, everything on the board lights up however. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Jay2 said:

Hello Joe,

I tried hooking up my iPad through midi. But, the app isn’t picking up my board. Sound ran straight to my amp from keyboard on my app, but no still no sound from the physical board. But, everything on the board lights up however. Thanks!

Have you used the iPad with it before? What I'm trying to figure out is if the keyboard action itself is transmitting to the instrument or outside of it. If the iPad isn't recognizing key presses from your PX-5S, that may be the same problem. Brad has good suggestions to check as well.

Thank you gentlemen. Sorry I was MIA, but was trying to find a board for service yesterday.  I’m not quite sure what Brad means- ‘does a phrase play’. But, I did have the demo playing for a few moments just fine. Now, I was successful in plugging my ipad into the audio input (to try if a click track would play) and I could hear it just fine through the headphones. Could you tell me where I would find local control? I don’t remember physically turning it off, but still definitely worth checking.

p.s. To Joes question- I’ve used the iPad to run clock tracks, but never midi. I’m only 99% certain that I had midi hooked up correctly.