Video Files on Forum ×

Pre-listening to files by rhythms

partua65

Yes, it is possible. I will have to dig out my ckf rhythm player, since it has disappeared from the internet quite awhile ago. It is a small program, very easy to use. I will upload it tomorrow here. You might find it right in this group-but I checked my links here I had posted to download this awhile ago, and are no longer working. There may be others in our group that sill have it too, but I kept it installed on several laptops. i am assuming you are using some version of Windows, I know of no program for the apple or Android world that does this. Understand too-that ac7 and ckf files are almost always interchangeable-the older Casios can't play ac7 rhythms, only ckf but newer Casios can play both. If you load an older CKF inot a newer Casio-it will save it as an ac7 file. check out Chandler's posts for a complete tutorial on just about anything you'd need to know about rhythms and conversions-it took several of us here literally years to sort out what we now know can be done with Casio rhythms, and what can't be!

partua,

Ok, here it is. I changed the filename extension to LOL instead of EXE since your computer might not be able to download an exe file, might think it is a virus, which it isn't. If you are still not sure this is safe, PM me with your email and I will send it as an email attachment. It should be changed by you to CkfRhythmPlayer.exe once you save it on your own computer. 504kb, very small program but it works well. I haven't tried it with ac7 files though, I don't know of a rhythm player like this for ac7, until one of our posters here might be able to develop one. Probably can if they back-engineer this one. let me know if this is useful, I've used it for previewing dozens of my custom rhythms since it is so simple and quick.

One other detail-this Casio program will be playing your rhythms using whatever sounds your soundcard is playing-it has a setting for midi out-so you can connect it back directly into your Casio if you want to hear exactly  what it will sound like. I use Coolsoft soft synth with better soundfonts to monitor these rhythms if I'm using the computer only since the rhythms by default will use the GM soundsets in the Casios for rhythms. You can change that to play the better "extended" Casio sounds, but that will take a little more work-you would need to insert "bank change" messages into a daw to do that.

CkfRhythmPlayer.lol

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 2

Thanks, Mr. Jokey for providing us the program.

In my case I've downloaded it but not tried yet. My PC didn't detect it's a malware...

By the way, I have Norton 360 Deluxe and Apple's Security with Windows Defender too.

I've Windows emulator on my iMac in which I'll run Mr. Jokey's Program. But not having CKF data, lol. I've MZX500, CTK7300, MZX300 and CTX5000... So they accept both file formats CKF and AC7. Usually they Export their data in AC7 file format. 

I've to convert and AC7 file to CKF to try it on PC. But it's very useful program to brings only useful rhythms on Keyboard

For running the software, all you need to do that. You have to change its Extension from ".lol" to ".exe"

It will show the icon and you able to run the program.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you. I downloaded well, and changed the lol to exe. and then my computer said the Defender blocked the aplication. So I insisted and clicked on a button on the message, and chosed " execute anyway" . After that it worked very well. I tried the AC7, but the window of the program only recognizes CKF styles.

So, thank you, very much. I am from Portugal.