Video Files on Forum ×

Can someone please explain terms related to pads in MZ-X500

woodman

Hi
Let me start by apologizing for posting so many "whiny" posts back to back - but I am really struggling with trying to understand the functionalities of this powerful arranger (the manuals are woefully in adequate). I know I am asking for a lot of your time - but I believe that this will help a lot of newbies/wannabes in this community such as myself
I am trying to understand - :

a) How pads work

b) How to make/record custom phrases (?) for pads

In order to do that _ I am first trying to understand the concepts/definitions of the various terms I see on screen. Can one of you erudite individuals please take the time to explain what various terms mean in Casio terminology ? How is the data tree structured ?:

1) click on pads - you see a screen with the following terms : - can you please explain what they mean :

BANK chord 001

Bank Edit

User Sampling - Set A (what are set A,B & C)

2) If you click on BANK chord 001 - you see :

Phrase,Sampling,chord,multi,user - and under each of these options - you can select a whole range of banks(?) - what do these terms mean ? what does this menu as opposed to the (same name) buttons to the left of the pads ?

3) Finally - if I want to play a certain piece and then save it as a bank (?) - how would I go about it ?

Sorry for the long post

54 minutes ago, woodman said:

1) click on pads - you see a screen with the following terms : - can you please explain what they mean :

BANK chord 001

Bank Edit

User Sampling - Set A (what are set A,B & C)

Bank is the stored configuration of all 16 pads.  Chord 001 is the name given to that particular bank.  Bank edit allows you to create your own custom bank.  User sampling for the pads is broken down into 3 sets, each one holds a maximum of 12 long samples and 4 short samples.  

58 minutes ago, woodman said:

2) If you click on BANK chord 001 - you see :

Phrase,Sampling,chord,multi,user - and under each of these options - you can select a whole range of banks(?) - what do these terms mean ? what does this menu as opposed to the (same name) buttons to the left of the pads ?

The buttons and menu of the same name are simply different ways to reach the same thing.  Those are different categories of bank types.

1 hour ago, woodman said:

3) Finally - if I want to play a certain piece and then save it as a bank (?) - how would I go about it ?

First you must edit a pad.  Your recording options for a pad are a phrase (which is a short MIDI sequence), or a sample.