Video Files on Forum ×

Privia px750 'twangy' C3

Hi everyone. I recently picked up a px750 2nd hand off ebay, as an upgrade from my 61key Yamaha. It was all going great until i played a basic version of The Entertainer and noticed C3 sounds really twangy when hammered alone. Ive played other songs that use the key and its fine when travelled over fluidly, but when bounced on in the rhythm thats used in The Entertainer it sounds really weird. Its the same with headphones in, and also on the other grand piano voices. Electic piano seems ok, but that does have a very different tone, so im not surprised. Ive turned off "go back" in case it was a weird setting or something, but its not.

Heres a video. Im guessing this isnt normal?

Thanks,

Anton

Thanks for the response Brad. Id ran out of replies yesterday.

Ive done some playing around, and while i do agree my playing was exasperating the issue, i do believe there is something to this. I turned off touch response to remove the human element, and that C is more twangy than the others. Only slightly but noticeably. Im not sure if thats deliberate to replicate a pianos harmonics or something, but it is there. But that said, when i play The Enterainer like this, it is barely noticeable, so i was definitely making it worse. Ive found the best way to keep it sounding nice is to have the volume at the max, then i dont need to press the keys hard and go into this upper twangy range. I do also have the touch response set to 3 so im not tickling the keys. So im not sure what the conclusion is here, maybe I'm just unfamiliar with pianos, digital or otherwise, but at least ive got it sorted.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated.

Anton

• Like 1