Video Files on Forum ×

How do I save a recording I've made

I have a Casio cdp 235r and It has a 5 or 6 track recording feature in it and it records what you play and can play it back.

So my question is how can I save this recording to an external memory card? (The keyboard does take one) 

And can I play this recording in a loop? It always plays it once and just stops so is there a way to make the recording like a rythm or something idk just to make it loop?

Thanks for your time anyways ❣

• 4 months later...

Read this-I 've attached the pdf manual in case you don't have it already...page E-59-60 in the manual describe how to do this. I like to keep these manuals in .pdf even having a paper copy.

Tricky understanding the manual re the card functions but it works. Sold my CDP235 and sorry I did, with all my digital pianos, this was a keeper-great firm action, excellent sounds, good speaker system and solid construction-and even though the song recorder has limited editing functions-I liked the fact that you could save a song as a standard midi file on the card, and easily load it into a computer for editing with software. 

On other item which I did not  understand at first, the wording is confusing, well at least it was to me!

The manual, page 58 states "song data imported from an external device cannot be saved to a memory card"....which made no sense to me, and is confusing since you can load a standard midi file (.mid also called an SMF for computer purposes) into the CDP and play it back uses the CDP internal sounds and song recorder. But don't let this confuse you into thinking you can't save a song YOU RECORDED in the CDP to the memory card. It seems contradictory that song data from an external device cannot be saved to the card-but i think this means that it must first be imported into the CDP song recorder, then saved to the card-that you cannot directly save an external song (meaning from your computer) into the card inserted into the CDP. Some Casios can do this-your computer will "see" the SD card as an external drive when you connect the CDP with a USB cable, and you can take info from the computer and cut and paste it directly into the SD card from your computer directly into the keyboard's internal memory-apparently the CDP cannot do that. This is not necessary anyway, since using an external SD card reader connected to a computer to directly copy songs, rhythms etc. -anything the CDP recognizes-can load onto the card, then insert the card back into the CDP.

A fine point, but very important to understand IMO. took me awhile to understand the difference. And why I've had to...with all the different designs for keyboards/modules etc. needed years to understand half this!!!   

:taz:

Web_CDP235-ES-1A_EN.pdf