Video Files on Forum ×

VFP 1/25 Foot Pedal

drnorm1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit pricey, but the Roland DP-10 has a rubber pad that rotates out from underneath for your heel to rest on and help keep the pedal from wandering.  It's also closer to a traditional piano sustain pedal action.

Alternatively, you can get a small nonslip piece of carpet to rest both your foot and pedal on.  I've even seen people use large pieces of carpet under their entire setup with cut-outs for the pedals and keyboard stand.  It will keep the pedals from wandering and your setup will be positioned exactly the same way each time you set up.

Personally, I use two Boss FS-5U footswitches ganged together (although, they still slide a bit on hard floors).  Other people that have played my PS-5X have complained about the footswitches and prefer the traditional pedal style.  The solution is simple, though.  I just don't let other people play my PS-5X.  😉

I bought the On-Stage KSP-100 back in 2012.  It's still going strong.  Feels real nice like an acoustic piano pedal and has a rubber "no slip" bottom.  It also has a polarity switch on the bottom, but the PX-5s adjusts automatically on bootup so I've never needed it.

Speaking of which,  drnorm1 did you try stepping on and holding the pedal down while you booted up the PX-5s?  This will switch the polarity and might be the reason it isn't working.

Edited by Choppin