Video Files on Forum ×

Sustain on Keyboard is Reversed

David Tran

I have a Casio Privia PX-S1000. I own the pedal unit that came with the keyboard (CASIO SP-3) and a Yamaha FC4. Recently, the keyboard has been having the opposite pedal polarity with both pedals. I have tried everything with both pedals, including turning the keyboard on and off without depressing the pedals. When a pedal is not plugged in, the keys sustain. When a pedal is plugged in, the keys sustain when the pedal is not depressed and release when the pedal is depressed. Could someone help me with this issue please?

Mike, I am a little confused by your comment. I do not understand why the FC4 is incompatible as it has worked with the keyboard for awhile and then suddenly stopped working. Just to clarify, I have an FC4 and a SP-3, which came with the keyboard. The Casio SP-3 also does not work as the sustain function is reversed, so I am convinced something is wrong with my keyboard. Is there a way to fix this issue without having to purchase a new pedal?

• 3 months later...