Video Files on Forum ×

Where can I find MIDI drivers for CTK-671 (2022 - Windows 10/11)

Hello, 

I am new to sound recording using a digital keyboard. I made my research and found out that I can make a MIDI file by connecting the keyboard with a MIDI cable to my computer and download the drivers for the certain keyboard model I'm using. 
That's what I did but unfortunately none of the things are downloading here, it's just not working.  https://music.casio.com/e/671/before.html
I use CTK-671.
Can you please help me find a solution? Thank you. 

CTK-671 is not equipped with a direct computer connection of any type.  Drivers do not exist for this model because of that. 

CTK-671 is equipped with MIDI ports IN and OUT.  These are designed for connection to another MIDI port, such as found on another MIDI instrument.  It is not designed for connection to a computer without additional hardware.  For connection to a computer, an adapter of some type is required.  Most common type today is a USB to MIDI adapter cable.  The adapter requires a driver.  USB to MIDI adapter cables are usually class compliant, meaning the driver is automatically installed by the computers operating system. 

Some other notes, make sure you are using a brand name adapter.  No name adapters are usually troublesome.  Make sure you connect MIDI OUT ports to MIDI IN, and IN to OUT.  It does not work when connected the other way.