Video Files on Forum ×

1000 V Expression Pedal Glitch Moving from Registration to Registration or Limitation?

Before I begin.....I have been playing synths and keyboards since I was a teen. My first synth was the Yamaha DX 21. I'm 52 now and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Casio starting with the XWP1, then the PX5S and then the CGP 700. I still play all of them and still have a blast doing it. Now I have the Casiotone 1000 V and am learning the ins and outs. I love it....it's a great little board! Thanks Casio!! :cheers:

Here's the scenario:

Bank 1 / Registration 1

• Piano U1
  • Strings U2
  • Bass L

I have assigned my zoom expression pedal to bring the volume of the strings in and out.

Bank 2 / Registration 2 

• Organ U1

I have assigned my zoom expression pedal to bring the volume of the Organ in and out.

If before moving from registration 1 to 2, I have closed the expression pedal so that the strings no longer sound and then move to the organ on registration 2 I no longer have any volume control via the expression pedal and the organ volume is at 0. 

Workaround - If I save the organ on registration 2 to U2, using the balance control to turn the volume down altogether on U1 the expression pedal works moving from regi to regi.

Limitation or glitch?  :keys:

Edited by NathanJames

• NathanJames changed the title to 1000 V Expression Pedal Glitch Moving from Registration to Registration or Limitation?

The findings are:

An expression pedal or at least (my) expression pedal assigned to control volume on a tone part in a registration must be assigned to that same tone part regi to regi, either U1 or U2. If it's assigned in regi 1 to U1 and assigned in regi 2 to U2 it will not translate if the expression pedal is closed when moving from regi 1 to 2. If it's open when moving from regi to regi it will translate.

Another workaround,

When using a layer and wanting to control the mix of U2 under U1 then assign it to a knob. In my case knob 3. Use the expression to control overall volume on all parts regi to regi.

Edited by NathanJames