Video Files on Forum ×

Copying AC7 file into ctx3000

Roger Valin
Go to solution Solved by dftx3,

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Roux said:

Can the Yamaha PSR s range sounds used on a ctx5000 can the sty file be converted to TON file I love some of its guitar sounds 

The STY files are Rhythm (Style) files. CT-X keyboard accept only .TON files for any tone. Yamaha tones can not be converted to TON tone files for CT-X series or any Casio keyboard.

Well, currently there are two convertors are available. The official one is through flagship keyboards like MZ-X and the other one through third party application of Excel. Also Excel programme is not compatible with new Yamaha keyboards style when it's renamed from sty to mid (or) prs to mid and even from sty and prs files, that is what I know. Is there any new method which is available so that you'll convert from STY or PRS file to AC7 file? Also can I ask you that what do you mean by public and private convertors and what are they? from MZ-X keyboard and other one? Am I right? 🙂

Yes exactly, of course there are many limitations that... Yamaha keyboard style files have programme called CASM so that you may me not make chord correction to the style quickly which is very important for any rhythm. Even I am using event edit or any pc software to edit it's event. After conversion, you'll listen the chord 7th in every rhythm. Minor chords are good but root or major chords are not good to listen. It cannot be corrected without a major Event Edit or changing Midi Notes to correct one. 🙂

Edited by Akshansh Khare - Alex

There is also a 3rd converter (and even 4th), which works far better than any MZ-X or Excel converter and can do MegaVoices and different parts for minor/major. But it is not public (I do have it), so post your .sty files and I'll convert them.