Video Files on Forum ×

Changing key assignments for drums, and rhythm panning questions

jjMix

Hi Brad, regarding your comment above on 9/6/2013:  "The XW synths, PX-5S, PX-560 and MZX series can do it."

I have been struggling to find a way to create a custom drum set on the PX-560, where I can assign drum sounds to keys.  A related question would be can the same drum sound be assigned to multiple keys.  My custom set is intended to provide a hex layer under the bass guitar hex layer where a low octave note would play a kick, and the high octave note play a snare.  The complete zone would be two octaves wide.

Would appreciate your thoughts; or from anyone else on the board.  Thank you in advance for your time!

John

Thank you Brad; I really appreciate the quick response.  I'll give it a go.  Didn't think to Edit a drum kit from a Part.  Some of the Casio workflow is very different from other brands.  And it's not always easy to tell what is a global setting vs. a registration setting.

For instance, I'm trying to globally send only Rhythm parts (9-10) to the right output (Pan R) and Instrument Parts (1-4) to the Left.  When I set it up using the Mixer, and save it with the Registration it doesn't work.  The Pan assignments hold, but the routing to the Outputs is still in normal Stereo for all Parts.  Thoughts?

Respectfully,

John

I don't know of anyone who has tried that scenario.  Effects might give you issues doing that, since they are fixed stereo in many cases, unless you have all effects off.  Also, rhythms store their own mixer settings, which could conflict with registrations.  I think the best way to handle that would be editing preset rhythms, changing the rhythm mixer settings in the editor, then save as a user rhythm.