Video Files on Forum ×

Help with my Casio CTK900 :(

RangutanMF

Hey this is my first post here :).

Ok so I have this Casio CTK900 that my father bought years ago, I recently started playing this keyboard and it all works fine but I want to record some of my stuff, I still don't have a specific DAW I use, so I figured Audacity would be fine just for recording. The problem is that I don't have any idea of how to record from my keyboard to my PC, I got a MIDI-USB adapter but when I plug everything in I just can't see the keyboard on the devices menu, it's just the cable so I don't know if I need a driver or if I'm doing anything wrong so if someone knows how to do this I would appreciate it a lot 🙏🙏

17 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

If you want to record the sound of the keyboard, you need to connect the phone/output jack to the computers line input jack.  MIDI does not transmit sound.  

Oh ok thank you so much, another question, I want to use my keyboard as a MIDI controller, is there any driver I should download?

11 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Any drivers would be for the USB to MIDI adapter connected to your computer.  The CTK-900 does not need drivers since it does not have an internal USB port.

Ok and If I wanted to use my keyboard in a DAW, do you know how to set it up so I can use it as a MIDI controller?