Audio interface Midi

Granul

To clarify, CT-X5000 is not an audio interface. It can only transfer (out) midi notes with velocity sense to the output accepter like DAW etc. Audio cannot be played by using midi connection.

Also, there will be some latency to hear the final output (audio) while playing midi notes which is normally happen. This is because of processing of PC.

There is an option to reduce some latency from PC in DAW. I'm a FL Studio user... So, to reduce the latency in FL studio, I go to OPTIONS > AUDIO > Lower The Buffer Length and all done.

This settings can be seen on almost every DAW "Reduce Buffer Length" on Audio Settings.

So, some latency still be present because of computer processing. This is normal 🙂

Let's see our respected community support on this. :wave:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad Saucier said:

The audio driver is usually the biggest influence on latency.  I've been using motherboard integrated audio for years with success just by using the Asio4All driver, that's if you're on Windows. 

I use mac os I will look for driver, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, Granul said:

I use mac os I will look for driver, thank you.

Unlike Windows, you don't have to concern yourself with locating an alternate driver for Mac. IF an alternate driver is needed for a particular keyboard or interface you are connecting to your Mac, it will be provided by the maker of that keyboard or interface.

9 hours ago, anotherscott said:

Unlike Windows, you don't have to concern yourself with locating an alternate driver for Mac. IF an alternate driver is needed for a particular keyboard or interface you are connecting to your Mac, it will be provided by the maker of that keyboard or interface.

Thank you, it is all working fine now

2 hours ago, Akshansh said:

In Garageband the best things to reduce the latency is to reduce the Load on your device like Close startup apps and background app which you don't need at that time. 🙂

Something I found helpful is to create a new User that you log into just for your music stuff, which is an easy way to eliminate any "hidden" background tasks you may have running from other apps, that you might not even be aware of.