Video Files on Forum ×

iMac 2021 Monterey Computer NOT Connecting to Casio Ct-S1 Keyboard via Midi USB

CGK

Hello,

I've been trying to connect my Casio CT-S1 to my 2021 iMac M1 Computer running Monterey 12.2.1 so that I can use the Casio keyboard as a midi controller.  I have been unable to get my iMac to recognize this digital keyboard / to connect to it.  I've been on the phone with Apple Tech Support and they have not been able to solve the issue.  Midi connectivity with my Casio CS-S1 and my previous 2013 iMac running Catalina used to work well.  The midi is no longer being recognized/connecting to my new  2021 iMac M1 Computer running Monterey. I spoke with Apple and they trouble shot this issue for over 2 hours.  They found several forums of people saying their Casio keyboard was not working as midi controller with newer Macs.  The cable i'm using to connect is male USB Micro B to male USB through a USB female to USB C male adapter.  The USB Micro B is connected to the Casio CT-S1 and the USB is connected to the USB to USB-C adapter and the USB C adapter is plugged into the 2021 iMac.

Can you please assist?  
Edited by CGK
mistake - said wrong cable name!

Since Apple can't seem to solve it....  Confirm your USB cable is capable of passing data.  Some cables are for charging only.  To be clear, the cable you are using must be Micro USB-B to USB-A.  Mini USB is a different (larger) type of port, not compatible with the CT-S1.  Confirm the USB-C to A adapter is passing data properly with another device.  Probably the best cable option for USB-C equipped devices is a USB-C to Micro USB Type B cable, eliminating the need for adapters.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  Oops, I said Mini.  I am using a Micro USB-B to USB-A.   I heard it might help if I use an apple adapter for the USB to USBC adaptor - ordered that and will try tomorrow.  I can also look at buying a USB-c to Micro USB Type B and see if that does the trick... thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Sagar4j said:

I am unable to connect my CTK-810 keyboard as midi even my mac is not recognising it please help me 

CTK-810 was released in 2007.  It is one of the earliest models with a USB port.  USB equipped models released during that time period are not compatible with a Mac.  They are only compatible with Windows by installing the appropriate Windows driver from Casio from here.