Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CTK-2200 won't automatically install drivers

Gemini51

Hello everyone, 

I need help with my Casio CTK-2200, I read somewhere that it is a discontinued product, but I am intenting to use it as a midi controller. I am using Windows 10 64bits and ProTools HD. According to the manual, I just need to plug my piano and it should automatically install the software, but the "Device cannot be recognized" pop up shows up. I tried downloading the drivers from the casio website, but they do not work either, there's even a device manager that keeps saying "device not connected". Needless to say that ProTools also says there are no devices plugged to use. Does anybody have a link to these apparently outdated drivers somewhere? How do I fix this problem? I appreciate your support in advance.

CTK-2200 is a class compliant USB MIDI device.  It is designed to function with universal drivers written by Microsoft and should be installed automatically by Windows.  In Windows Device Manager, do you see Casio USB MIDI under sound video and game controllers?  Have you tried a different USB cable?