Video Files on Forum ×

How to Sample by a Microphone with Minimal Equipment

It's actually really easy to sample by mic on the CT-S500 and 1000V. 

How? Open the camera app on your phone and record a video. That's it. 

With the included wireless adapter, connect your phone to the keyboard via Bluetooth (WU-BT10 Audio).  Press menu on the keyboard, select sampling (melody or drum), select audio in, start playback of your video containing the sound you want.  Note: Make sure volume on your phone is set properly.  Too low and the keyboard won't detect audio, too high and distortion may occur.  

If you have other apps on your phone that's better for recording audio, by all means, use that instead of the camera app, which usually always has AGC (automatic gain control) enabled.  Some apps can even live stream microphone audio to the headphone jack of the phone or output via Bluetooth.  Using the headphone output of the phone allows low latency realtime recording, very similar to using a wired microphone.  Bluetooth audio has higher latency.  

• Thanks 1

• Brad Saucier changed the title to How to Sample by a Microphone with Minimal Equipment

Thanks for that Brad! I have a dedicated video review episode (Part 5) already recorded that covers the sampling section of the S1000V, but I couldn't work out how to use the Bluetooth adapter to capture audio wirelessly. I'll try and slot this information into it so that all bases are covered. Appreciate you explaining how to do it 👍