Video Files on Forum ×

MZ-X300 (USB, Memory, ???) problem

CasioCTK

Today I tried to load some 10 tones from USB drive into my MZ-X300. Loading the last of them seemed to be extremely long, although the file was small - keyboard was frozen. After switching off and on again, no one of new and many of previously loaded and used tones could be played. Names of them are displaywed, but there is no sound. When I saved them to USB drive, those files are small and all of them end with text „UserSplit“ and some numbers (displayed in Windows Notepad). They are corrupt.
When trying to load tones, sometimes there is message Wrong Data and sometimes everything looks OK. But after displaying Complete, there is no name of tone displayed (only UserXXX) and no sound.
When trying to load rhythms, everything looks OK. But after displaying Complete, there is displayed name of rhythm, but no rhythm can be played and it is not possible to delete it, because Execute button is dimmed.
I did some testing according advice some years ago here in this forum. These are my results:
DDR RAM CHECK
DDR2 Auto
Nch:06
Pch:06

FLASH CHECK
SumChk:OK

USB ChECK
USB:NG

USB HOST CHECK
nothing displayed

RAM CHECK
RAM:OK

Can anybody tell me what happened and what to do with my keyboard?
Many thanks in advance.

Edited by CasioCTK
typo

16 hours ago, CasioCTK said:

Today I tried to load some 10 tones from USB drive into my MZ-X300. Loading the last of them seemed to be extremely long, although the file was small - keyboard was frozen. After switching off and on again, no one of new and many of previously loaded and used tones could be played. Names of them are displaywed, but there is no sound. When I saved them to USB drive, those files are small and all of them end with text „UserSplit“ and some numbers (displayed in Windows Notepad). They are corrupt.
When trying to load tones, sometimes there is message Wrong Data and sometimes everything looks OK. But after displaying Complete, there is no name of tone displayed (only UserXXX) and no sound.
When trying to load rhythms, everything looks OK. But after displaying Complete, there is displayed name of rhythm, but no rhythm can be played and it is not possible to delete it, because Execute button is dimmed.
I did some testing according advice some years ago here in this forum. These are my results:
DDR RAM CHECK
DDR2 Auto
Nch:06
Pch:06

FLASH CHECK
SumChk:OK

USB ChECK
USB:NG

USB HOST CHECK
nothing displayed

RAM CHECK
RAM:OK

Can anybody tell me what happened and what to do with my keyboard?
Many thanks in advance.

I've seen this problems with friends and in part the solution may be:

1: Reinstall the last update

2: Install samples into the MZ-X's memory until full to force your MZ-X into memory adjustment mode and let the keyboard finish

In many cases it can work

• Like 1

Thank you, Silvano. Great advice. It helped. At the beginning I was afraid that my keyboard may be bricked if data transfer from USB stick or their processing was incorrect, but everything went without any problem. After reinstalling firmware I did factory reset to clean up memory - hopefully it is better than fulfilling memory and defragmenting it.

Now everything works again and I don't need to send my keyboard to repair center. I am happy again. Thank you very much.

• Like 2