Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S flashing lights instead of starting up

Betty
Go to solution Solved by Joe Muscara,

I just got a second-hand PX-5S, no idea how old it is. The first few times I tried to power it on, the screen lit up but was blank, and the set of buttons on the right side screen flash on and off. No response to pressing any of the buttons (besides powering it back off), and no sound coming out when I play. I tried plugging and unplugging the power source, headphone jack, and pedal. Randomly, after turning it on and off a few times, the screen turned on and it worked completely fine! Now, the next day, it's back to just flashing lights.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! I am nervous to take it apart, but if simply cleaning it and putting it back together might resolve the issue, I'll try that. 

• Solution

Is the power adapter a Casio model or a generic one? Especially if it's a generic one, or even if it's not, you might try running it off of batteries to see if it works that way. If it does, that would tell you the power adapter is either faulty or not adequate. The Casio power adapter is usually the ADA12150, though if you're not in the U.S. it may be different, I don't know.

Even though you aren't getting the No Media error, the next thing I would try is the instructions you find here.

Keep us updated!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...