Video Files on Forum ×

Pedalboards and Keyboards

DonaldB
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

• Solution

The CTX series features a USB to HOST MIDI connection.  A host is required.  That can be a computer, mobile smart device, or host adapter.  This is needed between the pedalboard and keyboard.  Also, USB MIDI input addresses a different section of the sound engine, not connected to what you hear when you play the keyboard itself, so keep that in mind.  You can use the mixer to select tones for the MIDI portion of the sound engine (labeled "song solo" parts in the mixer). 

Using a MIDI pedalboard is possible with software workarounds. I'm not familiar with all of the software possibilities for this, but I know DAW software can route one MIDI controller to any MIDI sound source.  I'm sure some mobile applications can as well.  

@DonaldB , MP pedalboards has midi out DIN. You need an USB Midi Host device to connect with ct-x.

MP pedal midi out DIN> USB Midi Host midi in DIN.

Ct-x usb midi cable to usb USB Midi Host.

Then you have to set pedal for bank and programm, you find this values on ct-x appendix file.

You can connect through PC, you need midi DIN to usb cable.

MP pedal midi out DIN > usb PC

Ct-x usb cable > usb PC

For ex:

MP pedal settings channel 11, bank 0, programm 32 for GM Acoustic Bass sounds on ct-x midi in.

Edited by dftx3