Video Files on Forum ×

Sustain pedal

Robthemuso
Go to solution Solved by vortmaxx,

• Solution

I might be wrong, but I don't think there is.

I think the 560 calibrates according to the pedal when you turn it on, as long as it's compatible. That said, if you turn the board on before you plug in the pedal, you might have the problem where it seems like the polarity is reversed. 

Edited by vortmaxx
  • Like 1

If you mean "not working" as in it does nothing, no sustain either way, I would suggest trying a different pedal, if you have one available.

If you mean "not working" as in it behaves as if the polarity is reversed again, I would suggest trying the pedal with another board, and also trying a different pedal.

Either way I'd want to isolate whether the problem is in the pedal itself or is somewhere within the keyboard. 

• Like 1

Right, the keyboard adjusts automatically if the pedal is reversed. If you are pressing the pedal when turning it on, you will get the opposite behavior as the keyboard will think it's reversed. Not sure about unplugging and re-plugging in this case tough. It's always better to use a 100% compatible one. :D