Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI thru is not working, is my XW-P1 broke?

Hi,

I have read thru all the relevant posts on this forum and read thru the manuals about this multiple times.  This shouldn't be hard.  In the settings I set the MIDIOutSel to MIDI and the MIDI In to ON,  then exited and rebooted the XW-P1.  I know its set, but when connecting the MIDI out to my computer/MIDI-OX I get nothing.  I know there is  MIDI in data going into the XW-P1.  One experiment I did was to set the USBOutSel to MIDI and monitored that channel.  I  got something, but  it wasn't what was what was put into the MIDI  in connector.  So,  is my XW-P1 MIDI broken? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

Just guessing (too early in the AM but I'll try on my XW later to be sure). MIDIOutSel to MIDI is right, but I think the MIDI "in" needs to be set "off" to get the midi thru function to work-at least based on what the manual describes, that if MIDI "in" is "on" it will route the MIDI in only to the internal XW sound engine, rather than the midi thru? And I recall-I was able to have both USB midi and DIN midi ports working-but I never tried both with midi thru at the same time, although I know midi out through DIN and USB will work at the same time. I'm thinking midi thru will only work with one or the other, but I never tried that and it seems like you only need one midi thru to work, either USB or DIN?

Hi, Thanks for the response.

I checked the manual (pg E-70) and tried it on my XW which confirmed that with MIDI In set to off there will be no MIDI OUT and furthermore the XW-P1 will not receive any MIDI commands. Its an interesting statement about whether or not the USB out and the MIDI out can be set to MIDI at the same time. I have the USB out set to KEY.  At one point I tried the USBOutSel set to MIDI IN and I did see some data, but not what I expected (what I know is at the MIDI IN port).  I really would like to get the DIN MIDI thru to work, so I don't need to move my MIDI in cable each time I need to program my FCB1010.  I love the capability of this synthesizer but I am getting really frustrated with the MIDI implementation, or the lack thereof.   Specifically related to my other post regarding getting NRPN commands to work.

• Like 1