Video Files on Forum ×

Searching for Casio MIDI Synths, please provide useful information

silent
Go to solution Solved by Pravito,

I am wanting to build up a collection of MIDI hardware (along side my TV collection) that I can use to listen to MIDI files on. I currently have a WK-1800 and a WK-1350 (the latter needs repairs) 

Here is what I am looking for: 

Hardware Synths (AKA, the Magical MIDI box)

Software Synths (Programs that run on a computer that emulate real hardware, or just do their thing on their own)

Wavetables (A bunch of sounds that a MIDI synth can use to make sounds)

SoundFronts (like Wavetables but more advanced, etc.)

Sound Sources (In any format, or converted into a Sound Front file, Sound Sources are Casio equivalent of a SoundFront from what I gathered)

If anyone knows of anything like this, please quote this message in your reply, Thanks (It makes it easier for me to sort potentially helpful information from normal forum convorsation)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 8/21/2022 at 4:25 PM, IrreverentHippie said:

I am wanting to build up a collection of MIDI hardware (along side my TV collection) that I can use to listen to MIDI files on. I currently have a WK-1800 and a WK-1350 (the latter needs repairs) 

Here is what I am looking for: 

Hardware Synths (AKA, the Magical MIDI box)

Software Synths (Programs that run on a computer that emulate real hardware, or just do their thing on their own)

Wavetables (A bunch of sounds that a MIDI synth can use to make sounds)

SoundFronts (like Wavetables but more advanced, etc.)

Sound Sources (In any format, or converted into a Sound Front file, Sound Sources are Casio equivalent of a SoundFront from what I gathered)

If anyone knows of anything like this, please quote this message in your reply, Thanks (It makes it easier for me to sort potentially helpful information from normal forum convorsation)

I could suggest these instruments

MIDI Hardware: Casio CTK-6250, CT-X800 or higher. They're decent enough to play MIDI files

Software Synths and Wavetables: Roland Virtual Sound Canvas. They bear similarities to some older Casio's, especially those with HL Sound Sources

SoundFonts: I found some old Casio soundfonts on the internet. CTK-230 and HT-700. This is the link 

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 2:13 AM, Pravito said:

MIDI Hardware: Casio CTK-6250, CT-X800 or higher. They're decent enough to play MIDI files

Software Synths and Wavetables: Roland Virtual Sound Canvas. They bear similarities to some older Casio's, especially those with HL Sound Sources

SoundFonts: I found some old Casio soundfonts on the internet. CTK-230 and HT-700. This is the link 

Thank you, that link has a wealth of info.

Would it potentially be possible to copy the ROM data from something like a WK-1800 and use that as a SF?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 2:13 AM, Pravito said:

Do you know where I can find the keyboard-less synths?