Video Files on Forum ×

Opinion: We need a "true" successor to the PX-360 and CGP-700

Pravito

I have been wondering if we will ever get a successor to the PX-360 and CGP-700 in terms of features. These two are the only ones that have 16-track MIDI Recorder outside of Privia Pro and Hi-Grade Keyboard lineup, as well as the rhythm editor. Don't forget the Touch Panel screen. 

The current PX-S3000 and S3100 are so far great, but in my opinion, they didn't qualify enough as a successor to PX-360/CGP-700. While they contain AiX and AiR sounds in one package, they still lacked some features that makes PX-360 a great model, such as the 16-track MIDI recorder and the Touch Panel screen. PX-S3000 is more like a advanced successor to the PX-160, combined with CT-X sounds outside of piano. 

Share your opinions below, any criticism and suggestion are welcome

Edited by Pravito

Look at XW-Addict's recent post-some of us are waiting to see if Casio is going to release a new keyboard in the Privia line. What kept me away from the newest PX-S series and the 360 and CGP-only the PX560 could do that, and even with that, I still wouldn't mind seeing an update from this line of stage piano/workstation style Casios. I too like working with a built-in 17-track sequencer, use it all the time. I'll use software DAW's, have many but I guess I'm still a bit "old-skool" growing up with hardware keys, modules and analog controls. If the next Privia was designed a bit more like say, the new Kurzweil K2700/PC4 series, woo-hoo! Casio has the touchscreen, slider/organ/tonewheel concept already, AIX sound engine, great acoustic/electric piano simulations, good hammer-weighted actions, it could be done if they decided to.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about, MIDI recorder can come in handy if you're too lazy to open up your laptop and work on DAW. I too like old-skool hardware stuff 

My ideas/concepts for the next Privia to succeed the PX-360 are the following:

-Same sound set as PX-S3000 (AiR piano + AiX non-piano sounds)

-Same preset rhythms as any other AiX based keyboards

-Return of the Touch Panel control, while keeping the compact slim design, maybe slightly wider to accomodate the screen.

-16 track recorder and rhythm editor with a minimum of 10 user songs and 10 user rhythms. More user slots will be better, such as 50

-Pattern Sequencer with SMF Import (not necessary, but for a digital piano, it's good to have this feature)

-Classic Casio Tones, like the one on CT-S1