Video Files on Forum ×

Yamaha rhythms for Casio?

Pravito

You need to look through our posts right here-there is a huge bunch of posts from all the people here at this user group who have done this, including me and how they've done it. Truthfully-Yamaha rhythms present a few unique problems related to their embedded settings (COSM modeling messages need to be stripped out) that require some fairly advanced programming to get these to work properly-but all the info is right here, you'll have to do some digging around to find the posts. I have a few .ckf rhythms I've converted from Yamaha styles and posted here in our upoad sections-I've listed mine under the PX560 forum but these can be loaded into any of the Casios. Mine are rather complex-I like complex styles for funk, fusion and other styles, but shows what can be done. I also converted some of these from Roland auto-arrangers for use in my Casios. I do not know of any specific website or users-except this one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

You need to look through our posts right here-there is a huge bunch of posts from all the people here at this user group who have done this, including me and how they've done it. Truthfully-Yamaha rhythms present a few unique problems related to their embedded settings (COSM modeling messages need to be stripped out) that require some fairly advanced programming to get these to work properly-but all the info is right here, you'll have to do some digging around to find the posts. I have a few .ckf rhythms I've converted from Yamaha styles and posted here in our upoad sections-I've listed mine under the PX560 forum but these can be loaded into any of the Casios. Mine are rather complex-I like complex styles for funk, fusion and other styles, but shows what can be done. I also converted some of these from Roland auto-arrangers for use in my Casios. I do not know of any specific website or users-except this one.

Thank you for the information. I heard about this COSM stuff and the Megavoices (Yamaha's version of versatile tone) , those are the main problems of converting Yamaha rhythms into Casio 

Look at member posts for the PX560 for mine, but there are others who might have posted some. I listed my .ckf's under the member uploads/downloads for tones, since I couldn't figure out where else to put these that would be easy to find. Not all the tones may match the ctx series-one of the few Casios i don't have, but worked with the older CTK6200 and my even older PX575 as well as my PX560-so should be close to what I originally intended as far as individual tones in each auto-arrangement. Octaves might not always be right and you have to know how to load .ckf files-not sure if the CTX's are backwards compatible with my older .ckf files.

Look up Chandler's posts-he compiled the most comprehensive document here for how to convert rhythms. his document can be downloaded from one of his posts-it is the sum of all the work that has been done by several members here going back to the CTK/WK arrangers, too numerous to mention although i need to mention "T" a member who helped tremendously way back in documenting how to work with designing and converting rhythms, how the Casios were designed for auto-arrangements.

Jorgen Sorensen is another tremendous resource for working with Yamaha style files, understanding what needs to be done to get these styles to work with other keyboards or software. Nothing directly about Casio but helped me understand some of the difficulties with Yamaha's unique system for auto-arrangers.

I've posted the link before here, but here it is again, worth bookmarking if you are working with style conversions...

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/mdbedit/index.htm