Video Files on Forum ×

Please Help with MZX500 System Exclusive Message

Popsel

Hello,
I plan to develop a MIDI controller for the Casio MZ-X that sends certain parameters to the MZX via System Exclusive functions.
With the MIDI-OX Utility I could already find out some SysEx commands that the MZX sends when changing parameters. I have read the MIDI implementation to the MZX500, but unfortunately I don't understand everything. I have problems to send parameters, the TONE range. This includes, for example, the insert effect type used (Line 1 or Line 2).
Does anyone perhaps have an example of how I set an assigned insert effect via MIDI SysEx?
Maybe there is someone willing to help to figure this out?

1229255903_AETEKMZX500MIDIControllerEntwurf0_0107_Sept.20221024x768.thumb.jpg.f560159d1f86dee5a400f10c5a7ec2b0.jpg

Edited by Popsel
Picture Preview added
  • Like 1

Hello,
has really no one yet dealt with MIDI implementation and sent SysEx commands with the PC to the MZX500?
It would really help me to have examples how to control the parameters of the "TONE" section via SysEx. Anyone can help by installing the free tool MidiOX and sending commands to the MZX500 via MIDI (USB or classic DIN). If it was correct there should be an audible change. A parameter update in the MZX display apparently does not always take place.

You can only build a controller if you can successfully send the desired parameter.

All parameters listed so far I can already control via SysEx, RPN or NRPN MIDI commands.

One can also not build in an extra controller for each parameter. This is only useful for frequently used parameters.

Today I already got a part of the needed components. At some point you have to define the final functional scope so that you can plan the physical arrangement of the controls.
So if someone finds out how Casio meant it in the SysEx documentation and also verified that it works that way, I would appreciate any help.

Otherwise I'll have to keep trying to figure it out myself, or I'll have to give up controlling these parameters via the MIDI controller.

Have a nice weekend.
Greetings
Popsel

Edited by Popsel