Video Files on Forum ×

How can I quickly switch Latin rhythms while playing a song?

JonBoy

Am learning my way around the WK7600 and having difficulty following the Casio manual.  So, I  need some help. 

How to make a quick switch between Latin rhythms while playing a song?     For example I want to switch from the Beguine to the Bolaro and then back to the Beguine or maybe the tango for the next verse.   

Now I have to fumble around spinning the little wheel to the desired number and that practically stops the song dead in the water.  

Is there a quick way to do it? 

JonBoy

You can use registration memory for this.  Registrations are like snapshots of your keyboard setup.  Each one can store layers, splits, rhythm selection, tempo, and more.  You can store 2 registrations side by side with otherwise identical setups, but different rhythms.  

Setup everything as you like, then simply hold the store button while pressing a registration button to store your setup.   Change your rhythm selection, then repeat to store in the next registration.

Thanks for the response Brad.  If I understand you correctly I store my setup with, say, the beguine in the 1-1 slot, then change only the rhythm to something in the same style like the Tango (without changing any of the other settings) and store it in slot 1-2, using up 2 registrations.  Is that right?

Another quick question, if I may: what is the "User Rhythm" feature used for?  Can you store you favorites rhythms there and use it to switch rhythms back and forth.  If not, what is it for...the manual isn't very clear to me.  

PS;  From reading the Casio manual and trying to understand what it's attempting to say, I get the impression that  learning the WK7600 is really a question of trial and error on your own.  Does that sound right, or am I missing something?

JonBoy  :huh: