Video Files on Forum ×

Strange phasing issue s and sound drops

drb32856
Go to solution Solved by drb32856,

Hi all. I am starting to have an issue with the PX5s. When playing the sounds all seem to have a phased sound effect (without a phase shifter effect on) at the same time the volume seems to be dropping across the keyboard. I have to play harder to keep the volume up but then some keys fail to sound at all. They come back in weakly before fading out again. The board is only about 3 months old. I am at a loss as to what's wrong. Anyone else ever had this happen?

Hey Brad. This is happening over speakers. No headphones or midi attached. The volume issues happen on any bank and program that has any type of "piano sound" so stage setting 0-0 as well. Now interestingly enough the phasing is much more pronounced when using HEX layers. These also suffer from volume issues as well. On the 0_0 concert grand I also noticed that the farther down the bass notes you play, the lower the volume gets until about F2 there's no sound. Higher notes  (above C5) will sound with reduced volume but you have to play much harder to get the same volume from them. I may try to factory reset the board and see if that helps, I have saved all my sounds to folders and to a thumb drive. Maybe that will cure it. 

Also, are you playing the board directly or playing back MIDI from a DAW to the keyboard?  Your symptoms sound like what happens when the same note is sent or received on Multiple MIDI channels.  For example, if you recorded MIDI from the PX that had 4 zones engaged, the same note would be recorded on 4 different channels.  Upon playback, the same note might phase out or silence other notes because they are competing for playback.  This happens in cases with Omni on etc,

• Solution
18 hours ago, Choppin said:

Also, are you playing the board directly or playing back MIDI from a DAW to the keyboard?  Your symptoms sound like what happens when the same note is sent or received on Multiple MIDI channels.  For example, if you recorded MIDI from the PX that had 4 zones engaged, the same note would be recorded on 4 different channels.  Upon playback, the same note might phase out or silence other notes because they are competing for playback.  This happens in cases with Omni on etc,

This may come as a double response if so I'm sorry. Anyway, thanks for answering Choppin. I have not tried using my Casio with my DAW. However I had it connected to the computer for use with the software which I use for storing/editing sounds for shows. I had been leaving the connection to the computer up even when I was not using the software. I wondered if that could have been playing a part in the problems. I disconnected the USB and I have been surprised/relieved that the issues seem to be gone. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a problem now solved.