Video Files on Forum ×

CT-S410 Midi connection support

Jpro

Hi, 
I'm having difficulty connecting a CT-S410 to any devices. 
I purchased for my daughter a few months back with the intention to connect it to a Mac running Garageband, but I have had no luck getting it to connect (via cable) to any devices. I've attempted multiple macs of various ages and also iPhones and Android devices running the Chordana Play app. I've consulted the documentation and attempted a wide range and combination of usb cables but no connection is successful.

Do I have a defective Casio and is there a support line where I can raise a ticket? 

Thanks. 

On 9/25/2022 at 12:50 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Can you be more specific about everything you have tried?  Usually cables are the issue, not the keyboard.  

Yes, I have attempted the following devices / connections without success: 

Android (Chordana Play App)
Android phone > USB C ---------- USB A (female) > USB A -------------Micro USB B > Keyboard

iPhone (Chordana Play App & Garageband App)
iphone > Lightning --------------------------------------------------------------USB A > Keyboard

Macbook pro 2015 (Garageband)
macbook > USB A --------------------------------------------------------------Micro USB B > Keyboard

Macbook pro 2021 (Garageband)
macbook > USB C ---------- USB A (female) > USB A -------------Micro USB B > Keyboard

Edited by Jpro

10 minutes ago, Jpro said:

iPhone (Chordana Play App & Garageband App)
iphone > Lightning --------------------------------------------------------------USB A > Keyboard

This particular combination won't work.  The USB A port on the keyboard is for USB flash drives or the Bluetooth dongle only.   MIDI connection is through the Micro USB port.  

I'll attach a link to the connection guide Casio published.  Hopefully that's some help.  Note: Chordana app has been replaced with "Casio Music Space".  

https://web.casio.com/app/en/music_space/support/connect.html

• 1 year later...

What about the other combinations the OP mentioned.  I'm having the same issues.  And I've tried all the same combinations, except for the Android devices.  Nothing works.  I've tried new cables and converters.  This is incredibly frustrating.  I've got a Roland electronic drum kit that works without issue on both my iPad and Macbook.  I've read the link you provided and followed those instructions.  This is clearly an issue with the keyboard and not the cables.

The others combinations will work if the cables used are correct.  Note the Micro USB cable used needs to be capable of data transfer.  Some of those cables are only for charging and won't work for MIDI data.  Confirm the cable is capable of data transfer.  If everything is correct, "Casio USB MIDI" should be found as a MIDI device on your computers Audio MIDI setup app, the link below for that.  

https://support.apple.com/guide/audio-midi-setup/set-up-midi-devices-ams875bae1e0/mac

• Thanks 1