Video Files on Forum ×

RE: WK-6600.  I have, in the past, created instrument definition files by merely copying to a blank excel spreadsheet the tones listed in the Manual's  Appendix (PDF format).  The WK-6600 Appendix (PDF) does not allow copying.  Is there a workaround or password available to override the PDF copy-lock?

Edited by Buford
grammar
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Buford...

Unfortunately, pdf readers have always been just that-readers only, and do not allow any editing, copying/pasting part of or creating a pdf.  For that you need a specific pdf editor-which I've tried, and none have worked too well, since pdf formats that are supposedly standard-are not. And Casio password protected certain docs which are supposed to only be accessed by users who buy a specific Casio, and are then given the password in the manual or user guide-at least they used to do that, haven't checked lately. i thought this might be done to protect the downloadable pdf music books that are sometimes part of buying a new Casio, depending on the Casio, possibly part of a copyright protection scheme of some sort.

Check out this webpage that describes open source programs that might allow you to open the casio pdf and then copy parts of it, or edit it. Aside from copying an entire unedited pdf or downloading and saving one you will need one of the se programs to for example, copy and paste one paragraph or other part of a pdf doc, or even an entire page. Libre Office I think allows importing a pdf, then saving it in another format that can be edited such as .doc, docx, .txt, .rtf etc.

https://opensource.com/alternatives/adobe-acrobat