Video Files on Forum ×

Sound from piano AND cellphone at the same time in headphones, possible?

Dominique

I just bought the keyboard Casio CT-S200 and I struggle very much to hear both my piano and my cell phone ( samsung 21) in my hearphones.
I plug the micro-usb to usb-c to my cellphone so the notes are recognized easily in my simply piano app, but the music still plays out loud. If I plug my hearphones in the output/phones, I can hear the piano but no the music from my cell.
I wish to hear them both in my hearphones. How can I do that?
I bought a hub that has 2x usb, a usb-c and audio jack, but it doesn't recognize the sound from the piano.
I also bought a y splitter for my 3.5mm so i can plug it into my hub, but the sound is distorted.

I  would need a device that could accept the audio output from the PHONES/OUTPUT jack of the keyboard, as well as the audio output from your cell phone, which could then connect to your headphones. Do you know of this kind of device? 

Thank you so much!

Hi Brad, 

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

I need to insert the cellphone  to the usb-c as it will recognize the notes from my app (I hear it's the only way). 

Whenever I do that and put my headphones on, I can't hear the music from my cellphone, but only piano playing in my headphones.

The sound from the cellphone ( music playing) is out loud and not entered in my headphones.

I wish to connect them both at the same time (headphones + cellphone).

I don't know if i'm being clear.

Is that possible?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi Dominique, 

I went through your exact problem and I understand exactly what you're asking, you want to be able to hear the keyboard sound that you're playing and the sound from whatever instruction you're using on your cellphone at the same time.  And you want to be able to easily control the volumes of both as you do this right?  Here's what I do:

1. Bought the small "in ear" type of bluetooth earbuds from Amazon for $40. 

2.Connected bluetooth earbuds to phone through bluetooth.

3. Connected phone to keyboard using usb-c to midi cable (but you would of course use a midi to whatever type of charging port your phone uses ie. micro, lightning etc...

4. Plug the big cushion type of headphones that cover your entire ears into the keyboard into the headphone jack of your keyboard.

Now you can practice quietly using whatever midi app you like!  And you can control your volumes separately for the keyboard (on the keyboard) and the phone (on the phone) This works great for me! 😀